Prof. Uysal-Biyikoglu is currently on the Technical Programme Commitees of: IEEE INFOCOM 2018, IEEE MobiHoc 2017, IEEE ICC (International Conference on Communications) 2017, IEEE Globecom 2017, and IEEE WiOpt 2017. She is an associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication.
Ph. D: Stanford University; S.M.: Massachusetts Institute of Technology; B.S, METU
- Efficient transmission of data over networks
- Network Theory and its junction with Communication and Information Theory
- Energy Harvesting Networks
- Scheduling and Resource Allocation
- Fundamentals of Wireless Networking
- Tan Bacinoglu and Elif Uysal-Biyikoglu, Age-Optimal Status Updating with an Energy Harvesting Sender, Information Theory and Applications Workshop, University of California San Diego, February 13, 2017.
- Yin Sun, Yury Polyanskiy and Elif Uysal-Biyikoglu, Real-time Sampling of Gauss-Markov Signals, Information Theory and Applications Workshop, University of California San Diego, February 17, 2017.
- Yin Sun, Elif Uysal-Biyikoglu, Roy Yates, C. Emre Koksal, and Ness Shroff, "Update or Wait: How to Keep Your Data Fresh," to appear, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.
- I. Kadota,E. Uysal-Biyikoglu, R. Singh, and E. Modiano, Minimizing Age of Information in Broadcast Wireless Networks, Invited paper, 54th Annual Allerton Conf.On on Communication, Control, and Computing, Sept 27-30, 2016, Monticello, Il, USA.
- Y. Sun, Elif Uysal-Biyikoglu, Roy Yates, C. Emre Koksal, and Ness Shroff, "Update or Wait: How to Keep Your Data Fresh," IEEE INFOCOM 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA, April 2016.
- E. T. Ceran, T. Erkiliç, E. Uysal-Biyikoglu, T. Girici, and Kemal Leblebicioglu, Optimal Energy Allocation Policies for a High Altitude Flying Wireless Access Point, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, March 2016.
- Chamanian, H. Ulusan, O. Zorlu, S. Baghaee, E. Uysal-Biyikoglu, H. Kulah, Wearable battery-less wireless sensor network with electromagnetic energy harvesting system, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 249 (1), pp. 7784, Oct 2016.
- A Akman, F Ozelik, E Uysal-Biyikoglu, C Kement, "Energy Harvesting Communication System", Patent Registration no. 2013 01138 (Turkey), May 21, 2015.
Recent invited talks:
- Age-Optimal Status Updating with an Energy Harvesting Sender, Information Theory and Applications Workshop, University of California San Diego, February 13, 2017.
- (upcoming) Foundations of Wireless Networking, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, July 2017
- “Lazy Schedules for Freshest Data and Optimal Use of Renewable Energy in Networks”, Micro and Nano Technology Lab, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Sept 30, 2016.
- Energy Harvesting Networks”, Northeastern University, Boston, April 23, 2016.
- AGELESS: Scheduling Policies with Age as Objective”, ITA 2016, Information Theory and Applications Workshop, University of California San Diego, February 5, 2016.
- “Age_of information: controlling the freshness of status updates under energy constraints”, Keynote, The Gelenbe Symposium, Imperial College, London. September 21, 2015.
- “When to Update Data”, LIDS, MIT, October 2015.
- Young Scientist Prize Scholarship, The Science Academy (Turkey), 2014-2016
- IEEE Senior Member, 2014
- IBM Faculty Award, 2011
- TUBTAK Kariyer Research Grant (2007-2009.)
- NSF Foundations of Communication Research Grant (2006-2009.)
- Runner up for best paper, INFOCOM 2001.
- First place in the EE Ph.D. Quals at Stanford University, among 144 candidates (1999.)
- Stanford Graduate Fellow (1999-2003.)
- MIT Vinton Hayes Fellow (1997-1998.)
- NATO Science Fellow (1997, scholarship not used)
- Ranked 1 in the graduating class of 1997 of the Middle East Technical University
- Bulent Kerim Altay Prize, awarded 6 times by METU EE Dept. (1994-1997.)
- First place in the nationwide University Entrance Examination (OYS) in Turkey, among 750,000 entrants (1993.)
- Erdös number: 2