Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering @ Boston University
M.S. in physics @ METU
B.S. in physics @ METU
- solar cells
- near-infrared photodetectors
- silicon photonics
- alternative solar materials
- spectroscopic characterization of optical materials.
Full list can be found at publications . Selected articles are listed below.
1. H. Ghasemi, G. Ni, A. M. Marconnet, J. Loomis, S. Yerci, N. Milijkovic, G. Chen, "Solar Stream Generation by Heat Localization", Nature Communication, 5, 4449 (2014)
2. A. Mavrokefalos, S. E. Han, S. Yerci, M. S Branham, G. Chen, “Efficient Light-Trapping in Inverted Nano-Pyramid Thin Crystalline Silicon Membranes for Solar Cell Applications”, Nano Letters, 12, 2792 (2012)
3. S. Yerci, R Li, L. Dal Negro, “Electroluminescence from Er doped silicon nitride diodes”, Appl. Phys. Lett.,97, 081109 (2010)
4. Y. Gong, M. Makarova, S. Yerci, R. Li, M. J. Stevens, B. Baek, S. W. Nam, L. Dal Negro and J. Vuckovic, “Observation of transparency of erbium-doped silicon nitride in photonic crystal nanobeam cavities”, Opt. Exp., 18, 13863 (2010).
5. S. Yerci, R. Li, S. O. Kucheyev, T. van Buuren, S. N. Basu, and L. Dal Negro, “Energy transfer and 1.54μm emission in amorphous silicon nitride films”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 031107 (2009)
6. S. Yerci, R. Li, S. O. Kucheyev, A. Van Buuren, S. N. Basu, and L. Dal Negro, ”Visible and 1.54μm emission from amorphous silicon nitride films by reactive co-sputtering”, IEEE J. Sel. Topics Quantum Electron, 16, 114 (2010)